Skip to main content

Helloooooooooooo!!!! I am still here!!!!!

Hello! Yes I am still here. I know I am a very bad blogger sometimes especially when it comes to this blog. I keep telling myself I will blog or even keep a diary but I never seem to keep to it for more than a week (if that lol!)

First what do you think to my fabby background??? I made it myself!! Its my cutie pie Roger to make us all smile!

Ok lets get down to business! - Update.... well its been a weird few weeks. I have been busy with my crafts & bits, well when I say busy I mean I have a lot of things to do but they are actually spread out over days or weeks. I am either sleeping or resting in between. . . Hang on, that makes it sound like I'm being a good girl & resting at the right time!! Nope not me I do too much & then rest instead of resting & then doing a little bit....whoops!!

Hubby is now self employed so only round the corner working. Its been great because he's been helping me out a lot more (he's cooking my tea as I type!!) I've started going to another group for CFS/ME. Some of you may remember I went to a group in Leeds when I was first diagnosed in 2007.

My main blogging from now (if I stick to it lol!) is going to be about my group, how its helping me & also progress with the group & the forever living Aloe Vera I am taking every morning.

I will need to catch you up first though because I started the aloe a month ago & I've just been to session 3 of the group this morning.

I will start with the aloe. Back in June, 26th to be precise it was my mum & dad's ruby anniversary/60th birthday party & I went round selling my raffle tickets. Whilst doing the rounds I stopped to talk to a few people & got talking to a family friend called Chris. We'd not seen her in years. She use to come & do Studio Dee parties!! ...anyways Chris asked me what the raffle tickets were for & told her it was because I have ME blah blah blah....she said she thought she might be able to help me with & arranged to come see me on 1st July.

We had a lovely long chat & catch up & she told me all about forever living & their products & how Kevin (the boss man) was bedridden with ME for 7 years & swears by the aloe vera juice. Chris asked me if I'd give it a go & if I didn't feel any better in 3 months they would give me my money back. You know me I'll give anything a go!!! Some of you may remember the really strict diet I did last year, which worked to a point but caused more problems than it solved so I had to give it up.

Well, I've been taking the aloe now for just over a month & I can honestly say it has calmed my belly down making it easier for me to eat things (without having to do a diet) & - shut your eyes, ears, brain if you don't like too much information!!!! ........it has cleared up my constant thrush & making sex more enjoyable!!!! Lets just say the baby making is most definitely back on!!!

Chris keeps in contact with me & has given me a few more bits to try. The aloe jelly (which can be used for thrush to soothe the sore/itching) is fantastic for nettle rash. I got really bad nettle stings all over my right knee & up my leg after accidentally leaning on one whilst sorting my rabbits out. The aloe jelly was instantly soothing & stopped the stinging. I did have to re apply a couple of times but the following day there was nothing to see.

I am going to keep on with the aloe every day because even though it tastes a bit rank it is worth it. We think it will take at least a year before I notice any improvement in my ME symptoms. So I'll keep you posted with that.

I think I will stop here as its getting a bit lengthy this post & I should be good & have a rest from the 'puter.
Back soon to catch you up on the group.

Siging off - Helen x

Comments

kayc said…
Am glad to hear that the aloe vera is helping a little. I must look into this. Looking forward to hearing about your group. Take care. Kathleen x
Dominique said…
I'm glad you are able to do the Aloe Vera. I have never been able to keep it down. Within seconds, it makes me vomit. Odd - I guess it's like some kind of allergy.

I have heard great things about it though so it is worth the effort!

Good luck!

BTW - the background is adorable!
Steph said…
Great news to hear you are feeling a bit better. Even if it just clears up those symptoms you've mentioned, it'll be worth taking. Looking forward to hearing about your ME group x
Keep on resting more and well done on finding something that helps you. Shame I'm allergic to it - it sounds great.

A little something for you on my blog hun
Helen xx
Was it an omen that you did this blog post on Friday 13th? :-) Keep well, you are doing fantastic (and all the best to Roger too) :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Forever Living ~ Aloe Vera

Hi. It's been a very long time since I posted on any of my blogs. Apologies!Since having my wonderful son I just haven't really had time for anything. My crafting and drawing is on permanent hold and I spend my time looking after him and managing my ME.However! ....as my benefits are coming to an end in June and I really want to try something for myself I have decided to become a forever living distributor.
I have been attending interviews at the job centre as I am now down as "fit for work" but there's no way I can go back to employment i'm not that "fit" and I want to spend time with my son. To be fair the job centre have been very patient and helpful and doing this will not effect my benefits whilst I'm still receiving them.Why forever you ask? Well I have used their products for a long time now and as it's very flexible it will fit perfectly around my ME and being a mum.I'm not officially a distributor yet but by the end of this comi…

Crafting is my Therapy. What's Yours?

I suffer with chronic fatigue syndrome, anxiety and depression. Together they can make me a very fatigued, emotional, angry, withdrawn person. I over do things because keeping busy takes me away from the anxiety and depression, but the truth is all I am doing is running straight into the arms of my fatigue monster when I do it! This picture is something I thought of the other day to explain this feeling. 
I try to meditate and I am starting to do small amounts of stretching and yoga, but the one thing that helps keep relaxed and sane, and has done for many years now is my crafting. I love all kinds of crafts. My latest makes are my CE tested Sensory Monsters "The Peepos" they are great to touch and cuddle when you're feeling blue. 
I have also found my online friends in the crafting communities and chronic fatigue groups very helpful and comforting. Stops you feeling so isolated. 
Something that brings me happiness is helping others which I hope to do with my sensory to…

Research brings me to GAPS

After much time away from alot of things I've had time to think and reflect. I've done a vast amount of reading and research due to my own problems with the M.E and candida and my sons food allergies/intolerances. My research brought me to the book Gut and Psychology by Dr Natasha Campbell-Mcbride It was a very interesting read on top of other research I had previously done I was sure reading it that the only way forward was for me to at least give GAPS diet a go. So tomorrow I shall start day 1 and I have decided to record my journey with it on here. Please excuse my lack of sense in this post. It's late, I'm tired but felt I needed to get this out so I had made a start!Bring on tomorrow 😁